Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Venue

After getting engaged in January, I quickly became addicted to searching the web for wedding venues in Florida. Now that I'm living in Fort Lauderdale this summer, I've been to a few locations I thought were "the one" only to come away disappointed and discouraged.

This past week, I visited the Douglas Entrance in Coral Gables and was pleasantly surprised for the first time. It's a beautiful historic building that reminds me of paris...so romantic! It was the first venue I looked at and could picture our January, 2013 wedding day.

Here are some photos below (courtesy of ec-design studio in Coral Gables).
douglas entrance wedding photos

douglas entrance wedding photographer

douglas entrance wedding pictures


We would rent a beautiful, white draped tent for the ceremony with the gold chiavari chairs. If we start at around 6:15, the ceremony would take place as the sun sets.





After the ceremony, the cocktail hour would take place outside in a covered area in front of the venue.

This is the entrance to the ballroom. Imagine it candle lit. Amazing!

douglas entrance event photos


Finally, the reception would take place in the gold ballroom. It is hard to tell in these photos, but the ceiling is carved in gold, which assures me it's the right place (our colors are midnight blue and gold).


Miami wedding at Douglas Entrance - Studio by Carmen


Miami wedding at Douglas Entrance - Studio by Carmen


Now that I think I've found the venue, the fun stuff can start! Check back for decor ideas.

What do you think of the Douglas Entrance for our wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment