Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

.Building a Foundation.

So, ladies...
Here's the thing...I've wasted a ton of money experimenting with  foundations and many of them make my face break-out, are too shimmery, or just cake. So...I thought this would be a good topic to start with!

With all the wedding plans, thoughts of what foundation to wear on "the day" have definitely crossed my mind.

So, I want to put the discussion on the table and share what I've learned throughout the years.

Growing up, I had oily skin. As I've gotten older, my skin has dried up a bit. I know everyone's skin is different, so I've broken it down between oily and dry skin types....

.Oily/Acne Prone Skin.
It's important to remember that with oily skin, you have a built in shimmer. Therefore, you'll want to stay away from age-defying foundations that many times have tiny specks of glitter in their formula.

On the other hand, many people with oily skin (myself included) think they have to pile on powder to get rid of the oil, when in actuality, powdering your face can produce more oil throughout the day!

With that said, some good foundations to try are...

under $10

Revlon Colorstay Foundation
Target and Target.com 
$9.99


$10-20$

Calvin Klein Infinite Matte Oil Free Foundation Cream 
Amazon.com
 $15


$20-$40


MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation 
Sephora.com 
$34



$40-$50


Laura Mercier Oil- Free Foundation Liquid 
Sephora.com 
$42


$50+


Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15 
Sephora.com 
$60



.Dry Skin.
While a good SPF is always important, for dry skin types, it's crucial! Sun exposure will only dry the skin more. For those with little to no time in the morning, a good tinted moisturizer combines an SPF with just enough color to smooth uneven skin tones. If you like more coverage than that, there are always full foundations with 25 SPF or higher. Check out these foundations below...


under $10

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Moisturizer 
Amazon.com 
$8.49



$10-$20


Sephora Collection Hydrating and Smoothing Foundation 
Sephora.com
$20

$20-$40


Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation 
Sephora.com 
$42


$40-$50


DiorSkin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup SPF 25 
Sephora.com 
$46


$50+


Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25 
Sephora.com 
$55


What's your favorite foundation?


No comments:

Post a Comment